Monday, March 16, 2009

It's not that I haven't been cleaning, people.

Really, I have been...

Marco and I had company from Thursday through Sunday, and there's another set of company coming in tomorrow and staying through Sunday. We enjoyed our weekend, and are looking forward to our other friends coming it, too! With so many goings-on, I certainly have been cleaning the house (what with people coming and going), but I just haven't had the time to write about it all yet.

So, I will be skipping the cleaning details. Suffice it to say that I have not managed to get to many of the "spring" items, but have only been able to keep up with the daily and weekly regular tasks.

During all this time, my mind has been whirling. You see, the next group of visitors to arrive are The Ukulady and her crew; together, we'll all be headed to a collegiate booking convention, with the hopes of getting some shows lined up together or separately (although I'm hoping for something together, which would ROCK!). I know it will be a ton of fun, but this is the first such conference I have ever attended, so I'm not quite sure what to expect. Of course, I'll know soon enough; Thursday will be here before I realize it!

With the conference coming up, as well as a show that I'm emceeing at the end of the month, and the tour next month (with my friend Julia Carroll), the last few days, between visiting with friends and scrubbing, my music life has been mostly filled with designing fliers and sending emails. Not much time for playing. Of course, as Barbara pointed out in her latest comment, it's important to create the space and time every day for creativity, even if nothing comes of it. Well, kids, I'm working on it. Send me some good energy.

Speaking of, the other night, the Muse didn't bring me anything new, but we did have a nice time getting reacquainted.

Alas, I need to get a move on. I adore you all; however, the laundry won't fold itself, nor will the kitchen clean itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment