Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The best laid plans...

Folks, this is where the dream of thorough home cleaning meets the reality of daily life. You see, I've been swamped today, and haven't really finished anything on the cleaning list (wait! I did sweep the kitchen floor, which is on the daily list. Seriously, every day).

So, I didn't start until 8:00 p.m. My brilliant boyfriend, the artist Marco, is at art class tonight, and I am free to dust, scrub, and sing all I want. Actually, I've been talking on the phone with my best friend from seventh grade as I was dusting my office, but I will be singing soon enough (and even sang a bit of a Judy Garland number from the fabulous film In the Good Old Summertime to my friend).

This is all to say that I have no concrete list of accomplished things; however, I will continue cleaning the office and the bedroom after I finish writing this. What part will the music play tonight? Well, I've been working with my friend and producer, Brian Slusher of the band Slushco on some recordings, and I have been given the task of coming up with harmonies for a recording session on Friday. Anyone who has ever recorded with me can tell you one thing: harmonies are not where my talents lie. But, soldier on I must, and so I will be donning my iPod, and playing the songs again and again until something comes to me.

Fingers crossed, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment