Friday, March 6, 2009

Is Martha ever lazy?

On days like yesterday and today, dear readers, I have to wonder if Martha every once in a while comes home, takes a look around at a house that, for all intents and purposes is clean, and says, "today I think I can skip the smaller stuff"?

Well, that's certainly how I felt yesterday, and I'm fighting the feeling today.

As for yesterday, I got my family off to their next destination (they'll be coming back for weekend visits every now and again for the next three months), and then headed to the recording studio. I'm sure everyone will be happy to hear that I actually felt quite sure of myself where the harmonies were concerned.

Alas, my producer's computer had other ideas and, like a petulant child, wouldn't cooperate despite our best efforts. It said, without equivocation, "not today, gentlemen." Please send the machine some healing energy, as it obviously has some anger issues to work through. I have great hope though; everything is going to work out, and we'll get the vocals recorded as soon as possible. And, finding a pewter lining to the cloud, it gives me more time to solidify the harmonies, and actually start working on harmonies for another song or two. Still people, really, send good vibes to the computer (and to my producer; he's not so pleased right now, as you can imagine).

As for today: there are multiple tasks on the schedule, cleaning and otherwise. There were a lot of things that I didn't manage to get to on Ms. Stewart's list, and I'd rather not have to shift them all off onto next week. So, updates to follow. Until then, I'll be humming harmonies and looking at my calendar trying to decide what I feel like doing.

¡Hasta pronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment